Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions govern and apply to all and any use, access and availability of the Service provided at www.buddyfied.com
By accessing the Service you signify you that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions whether or not you have a registered account.
www.buddyfied.com is owned by Buddyfied Limited. It is a social network aimed at people who play computer games, with the purpose of finding other people with whom to play computer games. Users may upload and manage their own content, as well as interact with other users and their content.
“Service” means the online social networking platform that allows users to find other users with whom play computer games, as well as upload content and interact with other users.
“Buddyfied” means Buddyfied Limited.
“We, Us, Our” means Buddyfied Limited.
“Communication” means the interactions between users, referring to messaging, commenting, or uploading different forms of media, such as videos or images.
By using the Service each time you do so, you are telling Us that you understand, accept and are able to accept these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. If you do not accept or understand these terms and conditions you should not use or access the Service or any part of them.
If you are under the age of 18 years and do not understand these terms and conditions please ask a parent or guardian to explain their meaning to you.
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these terms and conditions of use at any time without further notice, so you should check for updates to these terms regularly. Your continued use of www.buddyfied.com will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms and these variations shall become effective immediately upon being accessible. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Service at www.buddyfied.com. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on www.buddyfied.com then the latter shall prevail.
REGISTRATION, ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
In order to use and access the Service you will need to register. To register you will need to submit certain information and choose a User Name and a Password.
The User Name and Password chosen by and issued to you upon registration with the Service is personal to you so that you can use and access the Service and must not be disclosed to any person without Our prior written consent.
You agree, accept and understand that:
We consider one account per individual / house hold as ‘fair use’, and reserve the right to ban (deactivate) any user who is in possession of more than one/multiple accounts;
You must ensure that all information held about you by Us is up to date;
You can amend your registration details at any time through the Service (as appropriate);
You are and shall remain responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Name and Password;
You are solely liable for any use of the Service using your User Name and Password whatsoever.
Do not share your user name or password with any other person, or allow any other person to use your account. We are not liable for any improper use of your user name, password, or account. If you think your username, password or account have been compromised you must inform us immediately.
You undertake that all the information supplied during registration is truthful, complete and correct. If the information you have supplied is incomplete or incorrect you agree to indemnify Us (as appropriate) against any loss or damage incurred by Us and any third parties who may suffer damage as a result of the information that you have supplied.
RIGHTS OF USE AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Subject to these terms and conditions you may use Our Service solely for your private, non-commercial, personal use only.
You may not transfer, sub license or deal in this right without our prior written permission.
By “Intellectual Property Rights” what we mean is all ownership rights and interests in copyright, design right, database right, patents and any rights to inventions, know-how, trade and business names, trade secrets and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and any applications thereof and other like right. Unless otherwise expressly mentioned, all Intellectual Property Rights in Our Service belong to us, or are licensed to us.
These terms and conditions and the rights granted by them do not give you any title or rights of ownership in any part of the Service or any copyright or other intellectual property rights subsisting in it.
Unless otherwise expressly specified, all copyright, design rights, database right, patent rights, trade mark and trade dress rights and other intellectual property rights in the Service belong to and vest in or are licensed by Us (as appropriate).
All third party trade names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners and We make no warranty or representation in relation to them.
The Service consists of an entertainment service and We are involved in the transmission, storage, retrieval and dealing with third party Communications without review, selection or alteration of their content – for which it is a mere conduit.
Individual authors are responsible for their own views in their own Communications. They are not Our views unless stated otherwise. We are not responsible for and disclaim all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any Communications. By using the Service you acknowledge that We have no responsibility to review the content of any Communications and that all Communications are made available on the basis that We are not required to and do not exercise any control or judgement of the content.
You agree that We may use, publish, edit, modify and adapt your Communications for any and all purposes relating to the Service and Our business and you hereby grant Us an unrestricted non-exclusive right and licence and all necessary permissions, consents and licences required for them to use your Communications in that way. You further waive all so called moral rights in your Communications.
You agree and undertake that you will not make any Communication or post to or transmit to the Service any statement or material, nor use the Service in any way, that:
- is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability;
- promotes any illegal or unlawful activity;
- infringes any copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party or assists infringement or piracy;
- includes any computer virus, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or technically harmful data;
- is abusive, pornographic, defamatory, discriminatory or obscene;
- harasses any person;
- markets or promotes any third party;
- interferes with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Service;
- impersonates any moderator, administrator or any staff or other persons connected with Us;
- infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, including unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, e-mail address, physical address or phone number, and/or rights of publicity;
- includes restricted / password protected content or materials;
- exploits any other person;
- is disruptive or offensive or is just generally mean-spirited such as including spoilers;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, buying or selling illegal drugs, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains video, photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
- tries to gain unauthorized access to any computer, servers or any part of the Service including its servers, network and the computers of other users;
- tries to gain unauthorized access to any profiles, blogs, chat rooms, communities, account information, bulletins, or other aspects of the Service;
- engages in or solicits commercial activities or sales without Our’ prior written consent such as, without limitation gambling, betting, sweepstakes, sales advertising, investments and pyramid schemes;
- refers to any material that is inappropriate;
- seeks or attempts to make any arrangement to meet a child under the age of 16 or seeks or attempts to make any arrangement which may have such a meeting as its object or effect;
- contains any restricted material, including but not limited to passwords, medical information or confidential information of any person; or
- solicits, invites, encourages, advocates, incites or provokes any or all of the foregoing.
If you discover any material which you believe contravenes these terms and conditions of use please inform Us, detailing of the page you found it on.
It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. People may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading, unlawful or illegal. We have no way of telling if statements made by other users are true. This is a decision that can only be made by you. You should therefore exercise some degree of caution when using any website. By using the Service you accept that this is the case and accept that you therefore use the Service at your own risk. Please take great care when deciding whether or not to disclose your own personal information.
You acknowledge and agree that, if necessary, We will communicate with you via the email address you have provided. Notices that are applicable to all Our customers shall be made available on the Service websites or otherwise within the Service. You will be deemed to have received a notice at the time the email is sent or the time the notice is posted on Our websites or within the Service.
All emails sent by Us and attachments thereto are intended for the addressee only.
We provide and maintain Our Service for personal entertainment on an “as is” basis and are liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care.
External Sites have not been verified or reviewed by us and all use and access of External Sites is made at your own risk. “External Sites” means third party web sites and online services to which Our Service links.
We give no other warranty in connection with Our Service and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude liability for:
- any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem which we have been made aware of;
- the accuracy, currency or validity of information and material contained within any Communications or Our Service;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating Our Service;
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on Our Service;
- the infringement by any person of any copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party through any Communication or use of Our Service;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of External Sites;
- any transaction involving External Sites;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading Our Service, or any Communication;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms and conditions which but for this notice would have effect.
We do not warrant that the operation of Our Service will be uninterrupted or error free.
Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms and conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms and conditions are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree that in relation to your use of the Service you will not in any way conduct yourself in a manner which is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability or which might call into disrepute the Service.
Without limiting to any other rights it may have We may remove, restrict, cancel or suspend access to and use of the Service and any part of it, if We consider (at Our sole discretion) that you have breached of any of these terms and conditions or if it is reasonable to do so.
We may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Our Service (such as your name, email address and contact details) when you subscribe or sign up to Our Service.
We may also record which parts of Our Service and services you are interested in as well as user traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used to:
(a) process your Communications, your subscription to Our Service and to enable your use of Our Service and associated services;
(b) open and run your account and provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service;
(c) generally run Our Service.
By subscribing and submitting your data you agree to this use.
We will only use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that is incorrect please contact us as described below and we shall correct or remove the data as you request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We give you a choice of whether or not you want us contact you about events and new services or related activities that you may find useful. We will not sell or trade personal information to other companies but we would like to keep you informed of the developments on Our Services.
We will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties.
If you don’t disable cookies Our Service will ask for and store details including your name and email address and may automatically insert certain information on the subscription or Communications forms so that you can use Our Service with less form filling.
These terms and conditions are subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights and shall not limit any rights you might have that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall it exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from either our negligence or any fraudulent representation.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed by email to email@example.com or by post to Windsor House, Barnett Way, Barnwood, Gloucester, GL4 3RT.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us and shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions or conditions of contract which you may propose.
Use of the word “including” in these terms and conditions means including without limitation.
Failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not be deemed a waiver of any term or right.
If any part of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, it will be construed as far as possible to reflect the intention and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
Our Service is intended for and directed at the United Kingdom and no representation or warranty is made as to whether Our Service complies with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other country.
Use of Our Service and these terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.